Get inspired on this self-guided electric bike adventure that showcases the full natural grandeur of San Francisco’s most captivating vistas, parks, and beaches. This ride was once only accessible to the most hard-core cyclists, but our electric bikes make the trip accessible to almost anyone. You’ll journey through a diverse collection of the city’s coolest neighborhoods and enjoy panoramic views from Bernal Hill Park and Twin Peaks. Then take a unique look at Golden Gate Park before rolling to beautiful Baker Beach for a picnic. You’ll also get an up-close look at the Golden Gate Bridge before winding back through the rugged, Cypress-swept Presidio. Embrace what’s possible, this magical route will show you the city like never before and makes for the perfect day.
- Close up, extended exploration of the Golden Gate Bridge
- 11 cool local neighborhoods: SoMa, Potrero Hill, Mission District, Bernal Heights, Noe Valley, Diamond Heights, the Sunset, the Richmond, the Presidio, Lower Haight, Hayes Valley, Duboce Triangle, and Civic Center
- 8 awesome parks & beaches: Bernal Hill Park, Holly Park, Billygoat Hill Park, Twin Peaks, Golden Gate Park, Baker Beach, and the Presidio
- SF’s most spectacular 360° viewpoints from Twin Peaks and Bernal Hill Park
- A ride through Golden Gate Park and the Presidio.
- A picnic at SF’s most beautiful beach with selections from beloved local food spots
Tons of iconic photo ops
- SF’s most beloved and iconic bicycle routes
- Optional food and drink stops include: Tartine Manufactory, La Palma Tortillaria, Black Jet Bakery, Cinderella Bakery, and Cafe Bun Me
- So much more!
- Custom-built electric bike for easy pedaling – ride the best!
- GPS-map with turn-by-turn directions so you can focus on the adventure and not miss a thing along the way.
- A collection of historical photos, historical insights, and cool suggestions for places to stop, explore, and eat along the route.
- Tons of authentic local tips and advice on things to do before and after the tour. Pure gold!
- Lunch – Stop at SF’s best sandwich or dim sum spots. Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options are available.
- Drinks – snack stops will include an opportunity to pick up great coffee, tea, or another delicious beverage. Treat yourself!
- Gratuities – consider tipping your guide for great service so they can make rent. 🙂
We characterize this tour as advanced.
Advanced = you should be very confident and comfortable riding a bike with great balance and bike handling skills. Our bikes are easy to ride and we give you plenty of time to get comfortable before departing. Physically the ride can be as easy or challenging as you like, just dial in the level of assist on the electric motor.
Notes about this tour and why it’s advanced: the ride requires that you navigate many hills, some of which are extra steep. This ride also features a longer distance over several hours. Our bikes are well suited and safe for this terrain. The ride also follows quiet back roads and official bike routes the entire time, but you will have to share the road with cars at times.
PS If you’ve never ridden an electric bike or it’s been a while since you’ve biked we recommend a spin on SF’s electric bike share. It’s also a fun way to get to our shop!
Arrival and setup
SoMa to the Mission District via Potrero Hill (15 mins)
Mission District to Bernal Heights Park exploration (30 mins)
Bernal ramble, Holly Park to Billygoat Hill Park (20 mins)
Top of Noe to Twin Peak Summit exploration
Twin Peaks to Golden Gate Park exploration
Golden Gate Park to Baker Beach picnic
Baker Beach to the Golden Gate Bridge exploration
Golden Gate to the Presidio
Presidio to the Wiggle to Dandyhorse HQ
Click to go full screen ⬇︎
Elevation Profile (click to enlarge)
See all of SF by bike!
- 14 hip and historic local neighborhoods
- 8 awesome SF parks and beaches
- Ride the Golden Gate Bridge
- All of Golden Gate Park
- Victorian architecture and iconic landmarks
- Great food and drink stops
The most exciting way to spend a few hours!
- 5 hip local neighborhoods
- Ride SF’s true windiest street
- Snacks at SF’s best outdoor food park
- 360° panoramic city and Bay views
- SF’s only houseboat community
- SF’s best waterfront art, stadiums, and piers