This experience is currently paused due to Covid-19
Explore the full splendor of San Francisco’s epic natural landscape, including the must-bike Golden Gate Bridge, Marin Headlands, and Sausalito on this self-guided SF bike tour. You’ll follow the most iconic cycling route through Golden Gate Park to the Presidio with sweeping views of Alcatraz, the Bay, and the Bridge. After a ride on the Bridge, enter the magical Marin Headlands and discover unforgettable cliffside views of SF, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the Pacific Ocean.
The adventure continues as you chart your path to sun-drenched Sausalito while enjoying views of SF, Angel Island, and the Marin Rivera. After exploring the locals-only side of the Sausalito, enjoy a leisurely ferry ride back along the bay with up-close views of Alcatraz and the city skyline before a waterfront ride to the shop.
- 10 hip and historical neighborhoods: SoMa, Civic Center, Duboce Triangle, Lower Haight, Haight Ashbury, the Richmond, Presidio, downtown Sausalito, Fisherman’s Wharf, and the Embarcadero
- Beautiful Golden Gate Park and its grandest landmarks
- A picnic lunch from SF’s best Bahn mi sandwich shop at an incredible park vista in the Presidio
- Spectacular Golden Gate Bridge views
- A full-length ride of the Golden Gate Bridge
- A ride through the glorious Marin headlands without worrying about the hills
- Historic Fort Baker
- Sausalito’s local business district, including the best bakery cafe
- Ferry ride back from Sausalito ride (ferry tickets not included)
- So much more!
- Custom-built electric bike for easy pedaling – ride the best!
- GPS-map with turn-by-turn directions so you can focus on the adventure and not miss a thing along the way.
- A collection of historical photos, historical insights, and cool suggestions for places to stop, explore, and eat along the route.
- Tons of authentic local tips and advice on things to do before and after the tour. Pure gold!
- Ferry tickets – can be purchased on board or can be added during checkout (recommended)
- Picnic lunch – Stop at SF’s best sandwich or dim sum spots. Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options are available.
- Drinks – snack stops will include an opportunity to pick up great coffee, tea, or another delicious beverage. Treat yourself!
- Gratuities – consider tipping your guide for great service so they can make rent. 🙂
We characterize this tour as moderate-advanced. Physically the ride is easy.
Moderate = you should be confident and comfortable riding a bike with good balance and bike handling skills. Our bikes are easy to ride and we give you plenty of time to get comfortable before departing but knowing how to ride is essential.
Notes about this tour and why it’s moderate-advanced: the ride requires that you navigate several hills, some of which are steep, and features a longer distance spread over several hours. Our bikes are well suited and safe for this experience. The ride also follows official bike routes the entire time, but you will have to share the road with cars at times.
Safety: We take safety seriously. There is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing and we provide the best quality helmets. See our safety page for more detailed information.
Questions: If you have any questions about the difficulty of this tour or if it’s right for you, please contact us, we’re happy to help!
PS If you’ve never ridden an electric bike or it’s been a while since you’ve biked we recommend a spin on SF’s electric bike share. It’s also a fun way to get to our shop!
Arrival and setup
SoMa to the Wiggle
Wiggle to the Panhandle
Golden Gate Park
Golden Gate Park to Richmond District
Richmond District to Presidio Lunch lookout
Lookout to Golden Gate Bridge
Explore the Marin Headlands
Enter Fort Baker: Gateway to Sausalito
Ferry Back to Fisherman’s Wharf and the shop
Click to go full screen ⬇︎
Tour Elevation Profile (click to expand)
See all of SF by bike!
- 14 hip and historic local neighborhoods
- 8 awesome SF parks and beaches
- Ride the Golden Gate Bridge
- All of Golden Gate Park
- Victorian architecture and iconic landmarks
- Great food and drink stops
The most exciting way to spend a few hours!
- 5 hip local neighborhoods
- Ride SF’s true windiest street
- Snacks at SF’s best outdoor food park
- 360° panoramic city and Bay views
- SF’s only houseboat community
- SF’s best waterfront art, stadiums, and piers