This self-guided adventure is a thrilling introduction to electric bikes that showcases some of San Francisco’s most incredible local views, waterfront riding, and hidden gems. Discover new neighborhoods and essential history without worrying about the hills. Enjoy great stops for snacks and drinks along the way.
- SF’s true windiest street (sorry Lombard!)
- One of the city’s coolest community gardens
- Snacks and drinks at a gourmet outdoor food park
- One of the city’s greatest panoramic views beloved by locals
- SF’s only houseboat community
- SF’s hottest neighborhood for craft food and design
- SF’s most interesting waterfront art, stadiums, and piers
- 5 hip and historical local neighborhoods: SoMa, Potrero Hill, Dog Patch, Mission Bay, and the Embarcadero
- Tons of awesome photo opportunities
- So much more!
Our GPS self-guided tours allow you to get lost in the moment, instead of on wrong turns! Using a specially developed APP built on Google Maps, you get turn-by-turn directions with spoken word cues. The cool app is really easy and intuitive, providing an elevated experience, and lives up to our highest quality standards. Works like a dream!
How do I get this app? 2 days before the tour, you are sent full instructions on downloading the APP and map, along with a brief video tutorial on how it works. Of course, if you’d rather, we can help you download and get all set up when you arrive at our shop.
What else do I need to know? The iOS and Android compatible app doesn’t use phone data only GPS. Also, as a fail-safe, we do send along a detailed printed map, along with a curated booklet of recommendations for scenic stops, food, and historical photos to bring things to life. Your bike has a rock-solid phone cradle and a rechargeable battery + cable so you can keep your device topped up.
- Custom-built electric bike for easy pedaling – ride the best!
- GPS-map with turn-by-turn directions so you can focus on the adventure and not miss a thing along the way.
- A collection of historical photos, historical insights, and cool suggestions for places to stop, explore, and eat along the route.
- Tons of authentic local tips and advice on things to do before and after the tour. Pure gold!
- Lunch – Stop at SF’s best sandwich or dim sum spots. Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options are available.
- Drinks – snack stops will include an opportunity to pick up great coffee, tea, or another delicious beverage. Treat yourself!
- Gratuities – consider tipping your guide for great service so they can make rent. 🙂
We characterize this tour as moderate. Physically this ride is easy.
Moderate = you should be confident and comfortable riding a bike with good balance and bike handling skills. Our bikes are easy to ride and we give you plenty of time to get comfortable before departing.
Notes about this tour and why it’s moderate: the ride requires that you navigate several hills, some of which are steep. Our bikes are well suited and safe for this terrain. The ride also follows official bike routes the entire time, but you will have to share the road with cars at times.
Safety: We take safety seriously. There is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing and we provide the best quality helmets. See our safety page for more detailed information.
Questions: If you have any questions about the difficulty of this tour or if it’s right for you, please contact us, we’re happy to help!
PS If you’ve never ridden an electric bike or it’s been a while since you’ve biked we recommend a spin on SF’s electric bike share. It’s also a fun way to get to our shop!
Arrival and setup
Anchor to McKinley Square (10 mins)
Crookedest Street to Top of Potrero (10 mins)
Potrero to Dogpatch Main (10mins)
20th Street Dogpatch to Chase Stadium Art Piece
Chase to Spark Social
Spark to Houseboats
Houseboats to Home via 11th and Folsom
Click to go full screen ⬇︎
Elevation Profile (click to expand)
Get a Question?
Get a Question 2?
See all of SF by bike!
- 14 hip and historic local neighborhoods
- 8 awesome SF parks and beaches
- Ride the Golden Gate Bridge
- All of Golden Gate Park
- Victorian architecture and iconic landmarks
- Great food and drink stops
Explore all SF’s local treasure by bike
- 10 hip, historic neighborhoods
- Ride of the Golden Gate Bridge
- Picnic in Golden Gate Park
- Explore the glorious Marin headlands
- The local side of Sausalito
- Ferry ride on the bay