This experience is currently paused due to Covid-19
Because this food & art-focused bike tour relies on special local businesses that have limited hours or are not open to the public during the pandemic, it is currently on hiatus. Download our SF City Guide and support those great Mission and Dogpatch spots now.
Check out our awesome bike adventures running now.
This is an extra-delicious self-guided SF electric bike tour meets food adventure. Experience SF’s craft food hotspots while discovering the city’s coolest local neighborhoods, panoramic views, mural art, and modern design culture. Choose from an abundant collection of culinary treasures, including bakeries, pizzerias, tortillerias, taquerias, fromageries, breweries, and ice cream makers, and we’ll help you craft an indulgent feast to enjoy at panoramic picnic spots along the way.
- 5 hip and historical local Neighborhoods: SoMa, Potrero Hill, Mission District, the Dogpatch, and Mission Bay
- In-depth explorations of SF’s most culinary significant neighborhoods
- A panoramic picnic at the top of the Potrero Hill inside one of SF’s most beautiful community gardens
- Mission’s District’s vibrant mural art scene.
- SF’s design hot spots, including art galleries and maker spaces.
- A diverse “best of” taste of SF distinctive local food culture and insight on each stop’s history
A ride along SF’s evolving industrial waterfront with a peek at SF’s newest parks, bike lanes, and public art pieces.
- SF’s only houseboat community.
- Optional Food and drink stops include: Tartine Manufactory, La Palma Tortillaria, Dynamo Donuts, Humphry Slocombe Ice Cream, Taqueria San Francisco, Piccino Coffee Bar, Recchiuti Confections, Harmonic Brewery, Magnolia Brewery, La Fromagerie, and Long Bridge Pizza
- Tons of special photo opportunities
- So much more!
Our GPS self-guided tours allow you to get lost in the moment, instead of on wrong turns! Using a specially developed APP built on Google Maps, you get turn-by-turn directions with spoken word cues. The cool app is really easy and intuitive, providing an elevated experience, and lives up to our highest quality standards. Works like a dream!
How do I get this app? 2 days before the tour, you are sent full instructions on downloading the APP and map, along with a brief video tutorial on how it works. Of course, if you’d rather, we can help you download and get all set up when you arrive at our shop.
What else do I need to know? The iOS and Android compatible app doesn’t use phone data only GPS. Also, as a fail-safe, we do send along a detailed printed map, along with a curated booklet of recommendations for scenic stops, food, and historical photos to bring things to life. Your bike has a rock-solid phone cradle and a rechargeable battery + cable so you can keep your device topped up.
- Custom-built electric bike for easy pedaling – ride the best!
- GPS-map with turn-by-turn directions so you can focus on the adventure and not miss a thing along the way.
- A collection of historical photos, historical insights, and cool suggestions for places to stop, explore, and eat along the route.
- Tons of authentic local tips and advice on things to do before and after the tour. Pure gold!
- Lunch and snacks – Choose from a collection of SF’s best food spots. Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options are available.
- Drinks – snack stops will include an opportunity to pick up great coffee, tea, or another delicious beverage. Treat yourself!
- Gratuities – consider tipping your guide for great service so they can make rent. 🙂
We characterize this tour as moderate. Physically this ride is easy.
Moderate = you should be confident and comfortable riding a bike with good balance and bike handling skills. Our bikes are easy to ride and we give you plenty of time to get comfortable before departing.
Notes about this tour and why it’s moderate: the ride requires that you navigate several hills, some of which are steep. Our bikes are well suited and safe for this terrain. The ride also follows quiet back roads and official bike routes the entire time, but you will have to share the road with cars at times.
Safety: We take safety seriously. There is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing and we provide the best quality helmets. See our safety page for more detailed information.
Questions: If you have any questions about the difficulty of this tour or if it’s right for you, please contact us, we’re happy to help!
PS If you’ve never ridden an electric bike or it’s been a while since you’ve biked we recommend a spin on SF’s electric bike share. It’s also a fun way to get to our shop!
Arrival and setup
SoMa to the Mission District
Mission District: Food and Design
Top of Potrero Hill Picnic Feast
Dogpatch: Craft Food and Design
The Bay Waterfront
Houseboats to Home Base
Click to go full screen ⬇︎
Tour Elevation Profile (click to expand)
See all of SF by bike!
- 14 hip and historic local neighborhoods
- 8 awesome SF parks and beaches
- Ride the Golden Gate Bridge
- All of Golden Gate Park
- Victorian architecture and iconic landmarks
- Great food and drink stops
The most exciting way to spend a few hours!
- 5 hip local neighborhoods
- Ride SF’s true windiest street
- Snacks at SF’s best outdoor food park
- 360° panoramic city and Bay views
- SF’s only houseboat community
- SF’s best waterfront art, stadiums, and piers