This experience is currently paused due to Covid-19
This one-of-a-kind adventure explores the SF Bay Area’s greatest hidden gem, Angel Island (aka “the Ellis Island of the West”). Steeped in incredibly important history as both an immigration station and military base, the island is full of surprises and features the absolute best panoramic views of San Francisco.
Angel Island is in every way a more local, authentic, and epic experience than a visit to Alcatraz with the added bonus of being free of crowds and cars. This self-guided electric bike tour brings together years of knowledge from biking and exploring every inch of this island for a truly magical, in-the-know adventure.
Arrival and setup
Ride to ferry terminal - Pier 39
Ferry Ride to Ayala Cove on Angel Island
Ferry Stop to Immigration Station
Ride from Immigration Station to Fort McDowel
Explore Quarry Beach
Panoramic Ride to Battery Drew
Explore Camp Reynolds
Ride back to the Ferry Terminal
Waterfront Ride Back to shop
Click to go full screen ⬇︎
Elevation Profile (click to expand)
See all of SF by bike!
- 14 hip and historic local neighborhoods
- 8 awesome SF parks and beaches
- Ride the Golden Gate Bridge
- All of Golden Gate Park
- Victorian architecture and iconic landmarks
- Great food and drink stops
The most exciting way to spend a few hours!
- 5 hip local neighborhoods
- Ride SF’s true windiest street
- Snacks at SF’s best outdoor food park
- 360° panoramic city and Bay views
- SF’s only houseboat community
- SF’s best waterfront art, stadiums, and piers