This awesome, small-but-mighty electric bike tour is the best way to explore the city in just a couple of hours. Spend a few hours getting to know some of San Francisco’s most incredible panoramic views, waterfronts, landmarks, and hidden gems. Discover unique neighborhoods and history, taste SF’s best food, and get fresh perspectives without worrying about the hills. This tour is the perfect, adventurous way to kick off your day or evening in San Francisco.
- 6 hip and historic neighborhoods: SoMa, Potrero Hill, Dogpatch, Mission Bay, China Basin, and the Embarcadero
- Breathtaking SF panoramas from unique viewpoints beloved by locals
- A ride down SF’s real most-crooked street (sorry Lombard!)
- One of the city’s coolest community gardens
- SF’s finest gourmet outdoor food park and mini-golf course
- SF’s only houseboat community
- SF’s hottest neighborhood for craft food and design
- SF’s most interesting waterfront art, stadiums, and piers.
- Ton of cool photo opportunities
- So much more!
- Custom-built electric bike for easy pedaling – ride the best!
- Wireless-audio guide system so you don’t miss a thing while also getting the space you need.
- Super knowledgeable longtime local guide for the safest, best possible biking experience.
- Immersive iPad photo & video experience that brings stories and history to life.
- Tons of authentic local tips and advice on things to do before and after the tour. Pure gold!
- A delicious snack from one of SF’s best gourmet bakeries.
- Snacks – Mapped out along the way are awesome local stops to get a taste of SF’s best gourmet food culture. Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options are available. Cash only.
- Drinks – our snack stops also include an opportunity to pick up great coffee, tea, or another delicious beverage. Treat yourself!
- Gratuities – consider tipping your host for great service so they can make rent. 🙂
We characterize this tour as moderate. Physically the ride is easy.
Moderate = you should be confident and comfortable riding a bike with good balance and bike handling skills. Our bikes are easy to ride and we give you plenty of time to get comfortable before departing.
Notes about this tour and why it’s moderate: the ride requires that you navigate several hills, some of which are steep. Our bikes are well suited and safe for this terrain. Your expert local guide will take you on quiet back roads and official bike routes the entire time, but you will have to share the road with cars at times.
Safety: We take safety seriously. There is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing and we provide the best quality helmets. See our safety page for more detailed information.
Questions: If you have any questions about the difficulty of this tour or if it’s right for you, please contact us, we’re happy to help!
PS If you’ve never ridden an electric bike or it’s been a while since you’ve biked we recommend a spin on SF’s electric bike share. It’s also a fun way to get to our shop!
Arrival and introductions (25 minutes)
SoMa to Potrero Hill (10 mins)
Anchor Brewery to McKinley Square (15 mins)
Down SF’s most Crooked Street to Top of Potrero (10 mins)
Potrero to Dogpatch Main (20 mins)
20th Street Dogpatch to Chase Stadium Art Piece (20 minutes)
Snacks at Spark Social (30 minutes)
Spark to SF Houseboats (15 mins)
Houseboats to Dandyhorse HQ
Click to go full screen ⬇︎
Elevation Profile (click to expand)
The Perfect day in SF!
- 10 hip and historic local Neighborhoods
- Ride the Golden Gate Bridge
- SF’s grand Golden Gate Park and the Presidio
- Picnic in the park
- Sublime bay-front riding
Experience everything in a day!
- 13 must-see SF neighborhoods
- Ride the Golden Gate Bridge
- Sausalito and the Marin Headlands
- Golden Gate Park and the Presidio
- Picnic in the Park
- Ocean Beach and Baker Beach