This tour gives you a fascinating first-hand look at the city’s coolest local neighborhoods, its incredible lost history, legendary social movements, world-class mural art, grandest Victorian architecture, Golden Gate Park, and gourmet food culture. Whether you’re a lifetime local, new local, or just visiting, you’ll come away with lasting memories, new discoveries, and magical photos.
- Golden Gate Park
- SF’s coolest mural art spots
- Picnic lunch at SF’s most beautiful park
- SF’s best chocolatier
- SF’s safest and most beloved bike routes, including the famous Wiggle
- SF’s finest Victorian architecture and “painted ladies”
- SF’s City Hall and a selection of other grand civic landmarks
- SF’s best views at the DeYoung Museum tower
- 10 must-see local SF Neighborhoods: SoMa, Potrero Hill, the Mission District, the Castro, Duboce Triangle, Lower Haight, Haight Ashbury, the Panhandle, and Civic Center
- Tons of iconic photo ops
- Custom-built electric bike for easy pedaling – ride the best!
- Wireless-audio system so you don’t miss a thing while also getting the space you need.
- Super knowledgeable longtime local guide for the safest, best possible biking experience.
- Immersive iPad photo & video experience that brings stories and history to life.
- Tons of authentic local tips and advice on things to do before and after the tour. Pure gold!
- A delicious snack from one of SF’s best gourmet bakeries.
- Lunch – We’ll order ahead from one of SF’s best sandwich spots. Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options are available. Cash only.
- Drinks – our snack stop will include an opportunity to pick up great coffee, tea, or another delicious beverage. Treat yourself!
- Gratuities – consider tipping your guide for great service so they can make rent. 🙂
We characterize this tour as moderate.
Moderate = you should be confident and comfortable riding a bike over a reasonable distance. Our bikes are easy to ride and we give you plenty of time to get comfortable before departing. Physically most people find the ride to be relatively easy (and rewarding) as it avoids the hills but you’ll have to do the pedaling 🙂
Notes about this tour and why it’s moderate: the ride requires that you navigate several short inclines and a medium distance over several hours (with a lot of stops built into to recharge). Your expert local guide will lead you on official bike routes the entire time, but we will have to share the road with cars at times.
Safety: We take safety seriously. There is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing and we provide the best quality helmets. See our safety page for more detailed information.
Questions: If you have any questions about the difficulty of this tour or if it’s right for you, please contact us, we’re happy to help!
PS If it’s been a while since you’ve biked we recommend a spin on SF’s bike share. It’s also a fun way to get to our shop!
What are your COVID-19 safety precautions?
Get a Question 2?
Explore all of must-see SF on this adventure!
- Full ride of the Golden Gate Bridge
- Explore Golden Gate Park, SF’s grand central park
- See SF’s coolest neighborhoods via the best bike routes
- Discover SF’s finest Victorian architecture
- Picnic lunch in the park
Explore SF’s coolest local ‘hoods, views, and food.
- Bike SF’s hippest and most historic local neighborhoods.
- Discover SF’s best murals and oldest Victorian architecture
- Enjoy SF’s best tacos and epic views at Bernal Heights Park.
- Explore SF’s waterfront parks, piers, and best bay viewpoints